|Un-stuffed Vegetarian Peppers|
In this house we all love stuffed peppers, but sometimes I need a quicker and healthier alternative and this casserole fits the bill. This is full of colorful peppers, tomato and your choice of brown or white rice. Top with cheese and all you need is a salad to complete this veggie friendly menu.
Un-Stuffed Vegetarian Peppers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
3 cups diced peppers, red, yellow and green - 1 cup each
1/2 cup diced onion
2 Tablespoons olilve oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
15 ounces tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups cooked rice, brown or white
Yields 4-6 servings
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions and cook until veggies start to soften, 5 minutes or so.
3. Add garlic and stir well.
4. Add rice, tomato sauce and salt and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
5. Pour rice into a greased casserole dish, about 10 x 6 in size and top with cheese.
6. Bake fore 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.