|Lime Angel Food Cake with Raspberry Sauce|
Fluffy Angel Food Cake takes on a new twist with the addition of lime juice and zest. Paired with a simple raspberry sauce, this cake is at once delicate and decadent and altogether perfect for a lighter summertime dessert. The calorie count makes this even more desirable with most slices (one twelfth of a cake) coming it at around 170 calories.
Lime Angel Food Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 60 minutes (including cooling time)
10 -12 large egg whites (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon lime zest
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together flour and powdered sugar. Set aside.
3. Combine egg whites and lime juice in a large bowl. Beat until soft peaks form.
4. Stir together granulated sugar and lime zest. Add by the tablespoon to egg whites and
continue to beat, adding until all sugar is gone, until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold flour and powdered sugar into stiff-beaten egg whites in four small additions.
6. Turn out into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
7. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
8. Turn pan over and cool with cake still inside pan. Cool completely.
9. Remove from pan gently and serve with Raspberry Sauce.
Hands-On Time: 1 minute
Ready In: 1 minute
Serves: Makes 1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups seedless red raspberry preserves
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1. Microwave preserves for 30 seconds until warm. This may take more or less time
depending on your
2. Stir well until smooth.
3. Add lime juice and stir until well combined.