|Chocolate Ice Cream and Nut Pie|
Chocolate Ice Cream and Nut Pie
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 5 hours and 15 minutes
1 1/2 cups finely chopped peanuts - divided
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
2 cups heavy cream - whipped
1. Combine 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together.
Blend well and press evenly into a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
2. In a heavy saucepan combine water and sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring until sugar
melts. Boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Add chocolate chips to sugar water and stir until chips are melted and mixture is
4. Beat eggs together and add 1/4 cup of hot chocolate mixture to eggs. Stir quickly so
eggs do not cook and add back to original chocolate mixture. Blend well.
5. Fold whipped cream into chocolate and spoon half into the prepared pie shell. Top with
1/2 cup chopped peanuts.
6. Add remaining chocolate mixture to top of pie. Garnish with remaining peanuts.
7. Chill for 5 hours or until fully set before cutting.