I can't begin to tell you how GOOD these things are. When I first developed them for Disney, we had them devoured in no time. I made them over and over again after that as well. Store-bought ingredients make this extra flavorful turnover a snap to make. Six ingredient easy, it's ready in just over half an hour and special enough to serve to company. Instructions for appetizer-sized turnovers are included.
If you have the time, you already know these will be even better with your own roasted chicken and homemade bruschetta.
Cheesy Chicken and Tomato Bruschetta Turnovers
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 35 minutes
1 package (2 sheets) puff pastry - thawed
1 small (2 pounds) rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup store-bought tomato bruschetta (I adore Wegman's fresh bruschetta)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Remove meat from chicken and chop - you need 2 cups. Save leftover chicken and carcass for other recipes.
3. Unfold puff pastry and cut each sheet into 4 even squares.
4. Beat egg and water until frothy and brush the outer edge of each square with mixture.
5. Mound in the center of each pastry square: 1/4 cup chicken, 1 Tablespoon each -
bruschetta, Parmesan and mozzarella.
6. Fold over diagonally, making a triangle, and press the edges well to seal. Brush the
top of each pastry with egg wash and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and
bubbling at the edges.
For appetizer-sized turnovers:
Cut each pastry sheet into 8 squares and top each with a tablespoon of chicken and a
teaspoon each of bruschetta, Parmesan and mozzarella. Brush with egg wash and bake for 15
minutes or until golden brown and bubbling at the edges. Makes 16 appetizers.
8 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup finely diced onion
3/4 cup Basil
1 clove Garlic, finely minced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil