Who doesn't love Pepperidge Farm Swirl Breads? Here's the thing, if you loved it before, you'll
love it even more now with a new wider slice and more cinnamon! For now it's Cinnamon Swirl and
Raisin Cinnamon Swirl, but let's cross everything we've got that this will soon include the
seasonal breads, as well!
To celebrate this new yumminess Pepperidge Farm is sharing this delicious recipe. I made mine with plain cream cheese and raspberry preserves, but check out the end of the recipe for alternatives!
Pepperidge Farm Swirl Bread French Toast Waffle Sandwiches
Prepares 4 Sandwiches
8 slices Pepperidge Farm Swirl Bread
8 oz. Cream Cheese
8 tablespoons Jelly or jam of your choice
1/2 cup Milk
5 each Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions
2. Divide Pepperidge Farm Swirl Bread slices, spread cream cheese on half of the slices, and jelly on the other half then combine into sandwiches.
3. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs until the yolks and whites are thoroughly combined, add milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk to combine.
4. Dip the sandwiches in the egg/milk batter and allow to soak for 30 seconds.
5. Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray, place sandwiches in waffle iron, close lid and cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove sandwiches from toaster and serve with maple syrup or your favorite yogurt as a topping.
Alternative Fillings: Banana with Hazelnut Chocolate Spread, Cream Cheese and Strawberries, Peanut Butter and Banana, Ham and Swiss Cheese, Apple slices and Cheddar cheese