|Chicken Fajita Tostadas|
The flavor of fajitas with the crunch of a taco combine in these tostadas. Pre-made tostada shells and pre-cooked chicken to make prep and clean-up easy.
Chicken Fajita Tostadas
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
8 tostada shells
2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1 cup refried beans
1 medium green pepper - thinly sliced
1 medium red onion - thinly sliced
1 packet (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix or 1/4 cup homemade*
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Shredded lettuce, diced tomato, salsa, sour cream and guacamole for garnish - optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine taco seasoning, water and lime juice and stir well.
3. Pour half of the taco seasoning mixture over the shredded chicken and the other half over the pepper and onion.
4. Cook chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the sauce starts to thicken slightly - 2-3 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm. Add peppers and onions and cook until the sauce starts to thicken and veggies start to wilt - about 3-4 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
5. Lay tostada shells on an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Top each shell with 2 tablespoons refried beans, 1/4 cup shredded chicken, peppers and
onions and cheddar cheese to taste.
7. Bake until the cheese just starts to melt - about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with optional garnishes.
*Homemade Taco Seasoning:
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika (I like smoked)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (many use red pepper flakes, I really like the finer consistency of powdered cayenne)
Blend all and use in place of store bought taco seasoning.
|Pintos and Cheese Salad|
Pinto beans and Monterey Jack come together with a bright and fresh cilantro lime
Pintos and Cheese Salad
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
3 cups cooked and drained pinto beans
1 cup cooked corn kernels
1/2 cup diced red onion
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese - cut into small dice
1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic - minced
3 Tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Place salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix.
2. Combine dressing ingredients in a blender until cilantro is chopped fine and dressing is well mixed. Pour over salad and serve immediately.
Note: Do not add dressing until serving time as the acids in the dressing will cause the
cheese to break down and become mushy.
Post a Comment