|Bean and Roasted Pepper Burgers|
It's been about a year since I did a Veggie Wednesday; shame on me. I've been very busy with veggies, mostly growing my own as usual. If you follow my Instagram feed you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
Today I want to share a recipe for a veggie burger that I absolutely love. Bean burgers can be dry, but this one uses richly flavored and textured roasted red peppers (my favorite) to add body and moisture. Garlic and green onion boost flavor, as well so these burgers are a real hit with more than just the vegetarians in your life.
Bean and Roasted Pepper Burgers
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 patties
1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained
1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers plus 2 Tablespoons liquid from jar
4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 clove garlic, minced
2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
1. Pour beans into a food processor or blender and add peppers, onions, salt and garlic.
2. Pulse until a thick paste forms but tiny chunks of beans are still visible.
3. Spoon into a bowl and add Panko crumbs, mixing well until a thick dough forms.
4. Form into 4 patties and cook over a preheated grill pan or lightly greased skillet, about 4 minutes per side.
5. Serve on whole wheat buns with your favorite condiments and veggies.