|Toasted Coconut and Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread|
Toasted Coconut and Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
Makes 2 loaves
5 overripe bananas
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup cooking oil (I use olive)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup toasted coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup mini chocolate chips (regular size is fine)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil and flour two standard loaf pans.
2. Mash bananas and add sugars. Mix to combine well, working out lumps.
3. Add oil, vanilla and eggs and beat well.
4. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture.
5. Mix coconut and nuts together and set aside 1/2 cup. Blend remaining nuts and coconut into batter along with chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into pans and top with reserved coconut and nuts.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.