|Peaches and Cream Crostata|
If strawberries and cream at the beginning of the week wasn't enough, how about another classic combination; Peaches and Cream Crostata. When I made this the first time the kids (even the pickiest!) told me, "This is the best thing I've ever eaten!" I have to agree, it's mighty fine.
Peaches and Cream Crostata
Makes 1 crostata that serves 8
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour
1 cup flour
1 T sugar
1/4 t salt
1 stick butter - diced
2 - 3 T ice water
Stir flour, sugar and salt together well. Add butter and rub together until crumbly. Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time until dough forms a firm ball. Flatten and chill between waxed paper while prepping fruit.
3 large peaches peeled and sliced thinly - about 2 cups
Sugar to taste if peaches are not sweet (I often don't need any)
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepared caramel sauce to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Roll dough on a well-floured surface into a 12-inch circle.
2. Place dough onto a baking sheet sprayed with vegetable oil (I use a silicone mat)
3. Combine cream cheese and sugar and mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture into the center of the dough leaving a 2-inch outside edge.
5. Top cream cheese with sliced peaches.
6. Fold dough over the top just at the edge leaving a circle of fruit in the center about 5-
inches in diameter. Don't worry about how it looks, the more rustic, the better!
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until center is set and edges begin to brown lightly.
8. Take out and let cool on pan completely. Top with as much caramel sauce as you like.
Post a Comment