|Cinnamon Chips with Fruit Salsa|
The chips really only need one side sprayed and dusted with cinnamon sugar, otherwise it just gets messy and they stand a greater chance of burning.
Make up a batch of these in just a few minutes and watch them disappear just as quickly!
Cinnamon Chips with Fruit Salsa
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
10 whole wheat flour tortillas
Oil in a spray pump
1/3 cup granulated sugar plus one Tablespoon
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup diced strawberries
1 cup diced kiwi
1 cup diced pineapple
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Stack flour tortillas and cut into 6 wedges, making 60 wedges total. Set in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Spray wedges evenly but lightly with oil.
4. Combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over tortilla wedges.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp and just beginning to brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
6. While chips are baking, combine fruits, the remaining tablespoon of sugar and lemon juice and refrigerate until needed. Serve with cooled chips. Use within 2 days for best results. Chips can be stored in an airtight container for 5 days.