|Chicken and Feta Tarts|
Chicken and feta are a favorite combination and these little tarts are the perfect appetizer or game-day bite for 12 or a light brunch for 6 served with a big green salad. Change the green herb to whatever suits your tastes and if Kalamata olives are not a favorite, California ripe are just as delicious.
Chicken and Feta Tarts
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
1 package refrigerated pie crusts at room temperature
15 ounces ricotta cheese
1 egg white
4 green onions - green and white parts sliced thinly
1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or mist with cooking spray.
2. Unroll pie crusts and cut with a 3-inch biscuit cutter into 12 rounds, gathering dough and re-rolling as necessary. Lay dough rounds on baking sheets, 6 per sheet.
3. Combine ricotta cheese with green onion, egg white, basil and salt. Stir until well blended.
4. Top each dough round with 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture, shredded chicken, a teaspoon or so of Feta cheese and Kalamata olives, keeping the toppings centered and leaving an edge of pie crust about 1/2 - inch wide.
5. Fold edges of pie crust upward leaving most of the filling exposed.
6. Bake for 13 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is slightly puffy.
7. Cool briefly before serving.