Hands-On Time: 7 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
6 large eggs
1 Tablespoon milk
3 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
1 Tablespoon freshly snipped herbs - flat leaf parsley, basil and chives were used here
1 cup zucchini - diced
1 Tablespoon olive oil or butter
10 grape tomatoes - halved
salt to taste
1. Prehat broiler and place rack 4-5 inches from element or flame.
2. Mix eggs and milk with a whisk until frothy. stir in Parmesan cheese and herbs.
3. Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat and add oil or butter. Toss zucchini into pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until barely softened.
4. Add eggs and stir several times bringing the cooked parts to the top. Tilt the pan as necessary to keep the bottom covered in egg. Cook for 2 minutes until the bottom is just set and the top is still wet. Remove from heat.
5. Arrange grape tomato halves cut-side down across the top of the frittata.
6. Place pan under broiler and cook for 2-4 minutes keeping an eye on the frittata so it doesn't burn. Remove from oven.
7. Allow the frittata to stand for another 3-4 minutes to finish cooking before cutting in wedges to serve.