|Raspberry Chocolate Cannoli|
The only thing that would have made this meal better would be these (or any!) cannoli. Italian cannoli can seem fancy and difficult to make, but with pre-made shells they're a breeze to do. Once finished they can be served with a special dinner or a simple dessert that kids love. Usually made with cinnamon, it's been swapped out here for raspberry extract.
Raspberry Chocolate Cannoli
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
6 ready-made cannoli shells
15 ounces ricotta cheese
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/4 teaspoon raspberry extract
1 -2 Tablespoons heavy cream - as needed
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Fresh raspberries - optional
1. Whisk together ricotta cheese, confectioner's sugar and raspberry extract until smooth. Add heavy cream if needed. The mixture should be thick enough to pipe and hold its shape.
2. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
3. Transfer filling into a large pastry bag fitted with no tip and a large opening or a large round tip.
4. Pipe filling into each prepared shell, filling each in the center and out to the open ends.
5. Serve immediately with fresh raspberries if desired.
Post a Comment