|Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Raspberry Preserves|
These quick pancakes are full of flavor. A burst of bright lemon is infused in each bite and the deep red raspberry preserves on top add extra flavor. Simple enough for a weekday breakfast but special enough to serve to guests, these fluffy pancakes are a favorite in our house.
I've even made these at work for my clients and they are always met with rave reviews and the plates are empty and tummies full. Give them a try and, as always, let me know how you liked them!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Raspberry Preserves
Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
Zest of 1 lemon - about 1 Tablespoon
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 to 1 cup milk or buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup red raspberry preserves, with or without seeds, whichever you prefer
1. Combine lemon zest with sugar and rub together with your fingers until fragrant and moist. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder, set aside.
3. Blend eggs, milk, ricotta and vanilla. Fold lemon and sugar to wet ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
4. Drop by 1/4 cupful onto a hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Turn and cook for 1 minute longer. Set aside and keep warm until all pancakes are cooked - there will be 12 - 14.
5. Heat preserves until smooth and liquid. Plate pancakes, 3 to a plate, and top with 1/4 cup of preserves.
*Note: For a faster version you can use 2 cups of instant pancake mix and 1 1/4 cups of water in lieu of the pancake batter.