More honey! I really do love that golden stuff. In fact, check out my last post for a great dinner idea using honey. In the meantime, this one is awesome. Honey Granola combines many flavors and textures and is a great as a snack or even a cereal on its own or a topping for yogurt. Use any nut or dried fruit you like to change up the flavors.
Have your kids help in the kitchen with mixing and they'll be even more likely to want to eat this healthier-than-most snack. Serve it up in something cute (see photo) and it will be a big hit!
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes plus 30 minutes cooling time
Serves: Makes 7 cups
4 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick cooking)
1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
1 cup whole raw almonds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup dried apricots - chopped
2 Tablespoons flax seed oil
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stir together oats, seeds, nuts, cinnamon and fruit in a large bowl.
3. Blend honey and oil and pour over oat mixture.
4. Stir together until everything is well coated and spread evenly on baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes and stir well. Bake for another 15 minutes or until golden and beginning to dry.
6. Cool for half an hour before storing in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.