|Baked Chicken Flautas|
Flauta is the Mexican word for 'flute' and usually refers to a large flour tortilla filled and rolled tightly before being deep fried. This version uses a smaller tortilla and healthier-for-you baking to make a delicious and economical dinner.
Our entire family is crazy about these. The melted cheese and lightly seasoned chicken within a crunchy tortilla is delicious and can be served with a variety of accompaniments and sides.
Baked Chicken Flautas
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cost Per Serving: 1.00
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups water
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
12 6-inch round flour tortillas
Cooking oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Put chicken in a small skillet and sprinkle with cumin and garlic. Add water and simmer until chicken is tender and falls apart easily, about 1 hour.
3. Shred or chop chicken finely and add cheese. Toss to combine.
4. Add chicken and cheese to the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking oi.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce and salsa.
Post a Comment