|Salsa Pork and Cheesy Polenta|
Salsa Pork and Cheesy Polenta
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 2 hours 30 minutes
2 pounds pork loin, trimmed of visible fat
1 jar (16 ounces) - I like ShopRite Special Edition Pico de Gallo Syle Salsa for this
2 cloves garlic - minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 cup chicken stock
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup finely ground corn meal
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. In a large heavy-bottomed pot combine pork, cut in half to fit if necessary, with salsa, garlic, cumin, oregano, chicken stock and green chiles. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally and turning pork once or twice during cooking time.
2. Remove pork from sauce and turn heat to high. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes or until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
3. While sauce is reducing, shred pork well. Add back into sauce and lower heat to keep warm.
4. For the polenta, heat 3 cups of the chicken stock and salt to boiling. Stir together remaining cup of stock and cornmeal until smooth. Whisk into boiling stock and reduce heat to low.
5. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until polenta is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese.
6. Serve salsa pork on top of polenta.