The original recipe (this is actually quite old) most often calls for a sweeter roll like Hawaiian, but the miniature Portuguese rolls I used were perfect as well. I still think the glaze could be a little sweeter, but everyone else here was fine with them as-is.
Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Makes one 9x13 pan
1 stick butter or margarine (to heck with cholesterol, we all know butter is better)
3 Tablespoons honey mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
12 - 16 small rolls such as King's Hawaiian
3/4 pound thinly sliced ham
1/2 pound sliced provolone
1. Melt butter and stir in honey mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Brush the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with glaze.
3. Split rolls in half horizontally and layer the bottom of the pan with the bottom halves of rolls.
4. Brush the cut sides of the rolls with glaze and layer ham and cheese on each roll.
5. Place top halves of rolls on the sandwiches and brush with remaining glaze.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
I may have to try these. My sis has made some similar sandwiches, but the glaze was poured over and it ended making the sandwiches a little soggy. (Yuck)
These sound better. :)
This looks so delicious.
It looks like some sandwiches i've eaten in Spain! So delicious!
Andrea from Italy
I have been craving ham sandwiches all week. How could you have known? :)
Stumbled! I wish I was eating one these right now. I'm so hungry!
You're wonderful, Jill!
these look very good. I think I will try it.
They look delicious...going to give these a try out:) Thank you
Post a Comment