Monday, January 24, 2011
Moist and rich in almond flavor, this is the perfect ending to any meal. Dust with powdered sugar, sliced almonds or even a chocolate sauce for an extra delicious dessert.
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup almond paste
1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter - softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
2. Combine flour and baking powder and set aside.
3. Mix together almond paste and butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla extra and beat until well combined. Add flour mixture until just blended.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the top springs back when touched in the center.
6. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
While you're here check out Sweets for Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies. Sweetness overload you won't want to miss!
Posted by Anne Coleman at 12:38 PM
Labels: almonds, baked goods, cake, dessert, sweets
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Love me some almond cake! My Swedish mother-in-law makes a fabulous one every year at Christmas - but I still trying to get the recipe from her!
Looks delicious! I like the idea of adding chocolate sauce.
A lovely cake! Perfect with a good cup of tea.
That cake looks like it would be a great treat in the afternoon or dessert after a lovely dinner. I have a linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up.
Post a Comment