Today's recipe is Balsamic Marinated Steak & Asparagus. I loved the dual use of the marinade for both the steak and the asparagus. It really brought to two together and made this more of a special meal rather than a usual weeknight dinner.
Balsamic-Marinated Steak & Asparagus
Marinade time: 15 minutes to 2 hours
Total recipe time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1. 4 beef round (sirloin) tip side steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
2. 1 pound fresh asparagus
3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. 2/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
2. 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Place asparagus in shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 cup water. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus. Add reserved 2 tablespoons marinade to asparagus; turn to coat. Set aside.
3. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.)
4. During last 3 minutes of grilling, arrange asparagus on grid around steaks; grill 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. Season steaks and asparagus with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving Nutrition information per serving: 366 calories; 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 149 mg cholesterol; 591 mg sodium; 7 g carbohydrate; 2.5 g fiber; 52 g protein; 8.4 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 52.9 mcg selenium; 8 mg zinc. This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber. Note: Beef Round (Sirloin) Tip Side Steaks are cut from the Beef Round Tip, Cap Off (IMPS/NAMP 167A) by following the natural seams to separate the tip side, tip center and tip bottom. The tip side is then cut across the grain into steaks. Steaks cut 3/4 inch thick average 7 ounces. Steaks cut 1 inch thick average 8 ounces.
Post a Comment