|Chocolate Crusted Chocolate Tarts|
The recipe is from the Better Homes & Gardens 2003 cookbook - you can find it HERE. I've added the changes I made in blue.
Chocolate-Crusted Chocolate Tarts
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
Cool: 30 minutes
Stand: 30 minutes
* 1 recipe Chocolate-Hazelnut Tart Shells (see recipe below)
* 10 to 10-1/2 ounces 85-percent-cocoa chocolate or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (1 12- ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips)
* 3/4 cup whipping cream (I only had milk on-hand and used 1 cup in lieu of cream and milk)
* 1/2 cup milk
* 3 tablespoons flavored honey (raspberry, cinnamon, or ginger)(omitted)
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* Halved or chopped hazelnuts (filberts) (optional)(almonds)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Prepare Chocolate-Hazelnut Tart Shells; set aside.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate, cream, and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 3 to 4 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring once each minutes. Stir in honey. ( Or, place chocolate in a medium-bowl. Set aside. In a small saucepan combine cream and milk. Bring to boiling. Pour over chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in honey.)
3. Place egg in another medium bowl. Gradually stir hot chocolate mixture into beaten egg. Pour into tart shells.
4. Bake 25 minutes. Cool slightly on wire rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, garnish with coarsely chopped hazelnuts (filberts). Makes 12 servings.
Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
Lightly coat 12 - 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
In a medium bowl stir together
1/2 cup melted butter,
2 tablespoons sugar (omitted),
1-3/4 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 cookies)(I used Oreos with the filling), and
2/3 cup ground hazelnuts (I had almonds on-hand and used those).
Press into the bottom and sides of prepared muffin cups. Bake for 5 minutes. Using the bottom of a 1/4 or 1/3 cup dry measuring cup, lightly press down bottoms of crusts. Set aside while making filling.