Elizabeth over at Mom Cooks has come up with a little twist on the Eight Things meme. She's listing her 8 favorite things to eat, and even though I did something similar not too long ago, I'll do it again, 'cause I love food. I won't tag anybody since this seems to have made the rounds, but feel free to list your own 8 in the comments!
I'm a bit of a food purist-definitely not a snob-but I do like just plain food, so not many of these will be anything pre-packaged or prepared.
1) Tomatoes. Tomatoes had to have been the first thing planted by God-no contest.
2) Olives. Those were second ;o)
3) New potatoes. Yum--I can eat these plain--cooked, of course.
4) Goat's cheese. What is the world without it?
5) Chicken. Just about any form will do. Nothing beats a slow roasted bird, though.
6) Garlic. No brainer. I know it's not really a food itself, but it's so necessary to the flavor of so many things. I know when it's there, I miss it when it's not.
7) Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. I've eaten a whole pint myself before. Not for some time now, but when I was pregnant with my third child, I ate a pint nightly for the last month of my pregnancy. Scary. She seems fine, though.
8) Pissaladiera. I could probably eat this daily. I may not have anyone to talk to, but it's worth it.